Liz Mazur Photography's blog is moving!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://blog.lizmazurphotography.com
and update your bookmarks.

December 29, 2011

My Family

2011 was a difficult and trying year for us. We had to say goodbye to two pets who were members of our family for over 12 years, and my dad was diagnosed with throat cancer for the second time. He not only had to under go a laryngectomy, but had a lymphadenectomy as well. Recovery was rough, leaving him in the hospital for a month and a half and without a voice for over 4 months.

Thankfully, my dad made a full recovery and we were fortunate enough to be able to spend another Christmas with him. This year, my parents, husband, and I celebrated the holidays with my sister and her beautiful family in New Jersey (the first Christmas we've all been able to spend together in 4 years).

Of course, I had to take this opportunity to capture the time we spent together. We haven't done this enough over the years, and I am making sure that we do from now on because nothing is more precious than a memory that can be shared with others. :)












1 comment:

  1. This post was beautiful and made me a little teary-eyed. I love you and am so glad you all were here for Christmas. Wish you'd move here for good... =)

    ReplyDelete